The company OOREDOO Tunisia, a company under Tunisian law, attaches great importance to the protection and respect of your privacy. This personal data protection policy informs you of how Ooredoo, its subcontractors and its partners process your personal data in accordance with Organic Law No. 63 dated 27/07/2004 relating to the protection of personal data. (hereinafter referred to as the “Law”). This policy governs our practices regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information that we obtain when you access our Official website (hereinafter the Site) or our application on IOS or Android (hereinafter the Application).
This policy aims to inform you about the categories of personal data that we may collect or hold about you, how we use it, how long we keep it and how we protect it, the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them and of course the rights you have over your personal data.
1. The data we collect
By using the website, you are required to send us information, some of which is likely to identify you and therefore constitutes personal data (hereinafter referred to as the "Data"). This is particularly the case when you place an order on the Site.
This information contains in particular the following data:
- Account data: refer to the data you provide when creating an account by filling in the registration form, in particular your gender, your surname and your first name, your date of birth/age, place of residence and email address.
- Data made public: refers to all information that you voluntarily post on the Site and the Application such as in particular comments on blogs and forums, photos, forum discussions, and account profile.
- Transaction Data: Means information about purchases you make, services you use or transactions you make on our Site, which includes your name, address, phone number, email address etc.
- Browsing data: means information about your computer or any other means of connection (tablet, smartphone) including your IP address, your geographical location, the type and your browser version, and your operating system and other information about your visits to and use of the Site including the referring source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths .
2. How do we collect your data?
According to the Law: "The collection of personal data may only be carried out for lawful, specified and explicit purposes. »
We collect and process data in the following ways:
- Online registration or if the user places an order for one of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on one of our bulletin boards or via email.
- Use or view our website through your browser's cookies.
3. How do we use the data we collect?
In accordance with the Law: "Personal data must be processed fairly, and to the extent necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected. »
We collect data for very specific purposes, such as:
- To administer our website and business;
- Customize our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services offered on our website;
- Send you the goods purchased on our site;
- To provide you with the services purchased on our site;
- Send you statements, invoices and payment reminders, and collect your payments;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our newsletter by email, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time of your wish to no longer receive our newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or carefully selected third-party businesses which we think you may find interesting, either in the form of a post, or where you have expressly given your consent, by email or similar technology (you can let us know at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications);
- To provide statistical information about our users to third parties (without such third parties being able to identify any individual user with this information);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints relating to your website made by or about you;
- To maintain the security of our website and prevent fraud;
- Check compliance with the terms and conditions which govern the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website's Chatbot messaging service) ;
- Direct our offers and promotions according to the analysis of purchase curves.
4. The retention of your data and the security measures we take to protect your data:
The data recorded following their collection from the site are kept for a period strictly necessary for the purposes for which they are collected.
Notwithstanding the above provisions, we will keep documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data (i) insofar as we are required to do so by the law and the regulations in force, (ii) if we believe the materials may be relevant to any pending or potential legal proceedings and (iii) To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).< /p>
In order to preserve the confidentiality of your data and to prevent any unlawful use, we are taking the following measures:
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all personal information you provide to us on secure servers (password and firewall protected).
- All electronic financial transactions conducted through our website will be protected by encryption technologies.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use to access our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
5. What are your rights over your data?
In accordance with the applicable law on the protection of personal data, you have a number of rights relating to your personal data, namely:
- The right of access: within the meaning of the Law, this is the right of the data subject to consult the data concerning him. This right also covers the right to obtain a copy of the data in a clear and intelligible language. It allows you to find out about the processing(s) concerning you carried out by Ooredoo.
- Right of rectification: In the event that your personal data is not complete, accurate or out of date, you have a right of rectification. Indeed, in this case you have the right to correct, complete, rectify, update, modify or clarify them.
- The right to object: within the meaning of the Law, the data subject has the right to object to the processing for valid and legitimate reasons.
- The right to deletion: You can ask Ooredoo to delete your personal data. But you cannot exercise this right in the event that your personal data is necessary for the provision of your services, or that it is necessary for Ooredoo to comply with its legal obligations or exercise its rights, or if the legitimate interest of Ooredoo prevails.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the Ooredoo support forum on the website or
Call us at: +216 22 11 11 11
Or write to us via the chat bot
- Functionality – Our company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include which language you prefer and where you are located. A mixture of first-party and third-party cookies is used.
- Advertising – Our company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you have tracked and information about your browser, device and IP address. Our company sometimes shares certain limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may see advertising based on your browsing habits on our website.
We may occasionally modify this policy, in particular to comply with any regulatory, jurisprudential, editorial or technical developments. Where appropriate, we will change the "last updated" date and indicate the date on which the changes were made. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes made to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through our website's private messaging service.
Version updated on 05/25/2023